Sept. 11, 2012 - Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Twenty-Four Hours a Day
Tuesday, Sept. 11, 2012

AA Thought for the Day
Continuing the answers to the question of how a person can live without liquor and be happy, we say: “You will be bound to other AAs with new and wonderful ties, for you and they will escape disaster together and all will commence shoulder to shoulder the common journey to a better and more satisfactory life. You will know what it means to give of yourself that others may survive and rediscover life. You will become happy, respected and useful once more.” Since these things have happened to us, they can happen to you.

Have these things happened to me?

Meditation for the Day
God manifests Himself in human lives as strength to overcome evil and power to resist temptation. The grace of God is that power which enables a human being to change from a useless, hopeless individual to a useful, normal person. God also manifests Himself as love - love for other people, compassion for their problems and a real willingness to help them. The grace of God also manifests itself as peace of mind and serenity of character. We can have plenty of power, love and serenity in our lives if we are willing to ask God for these things each day.

Prayer for the Day
I pray that I may see God’s grace in the strength I receive, the love I know and the peace I have. I pray that I may be grateful for the things I have received through the grace of God.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 28, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

  Thursday, March 28, 2024 Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: Anger is a great energizer if you don’t get stuck in it. —  ...