Dec. 31, 2012 - Just for Today


Just for Today
Monday, Dec. 31, 2012
Just for today, I need not fear anything for I have endured and survived the devastation of active alcoholism and, by the grace of AA and a Higher Power to which it led me, I have emerged not only intact but a better person. I have kept the faith in the Program, its Steps and Principles, the Power stronger than I and I found faith in myself that I never had before, and my gift has been the sobriety of the last 24 Hours. Having vested not only my heart and soul but my very life in this Program of recovery, I faced few terrors other than those within myself but met them with the guidance of the Steps. Now, nothing can compare and any fear from any source is something I know I can face responsibly, with faith and sobriety. Today, I have nothing to fear except the ghosts of my drinking past, and my Program has empowered me to move beyond them, to leave the fear behind. But I do not take for granted that the gift of sobriety is something I am owed or even deserve; I have an obligation to it, and that obligation begins with sharing the message. And our common journey continues. Just for today. - Chris M., 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

April 19, 2024 - Reading sin Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

  Friday, April 19, 2024 Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: Making Room for What Matters I don't know about you, b...