Jan. 13, 2013 - A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Sunday, Jan. 13, 2013


Reflection for the Day
The Program and my friends in the fellowship have provided me with a whole new set of tools for living. Even the slogans that once seemed so trite and corny are now becoming an important part of my daily life: Easy Does It; First Things First; This, Too, Will Pass. If I use all of my tools regularly and well, they'll also help rid me of such negative feelings as guilt, anxiety, rebellion and pride.

When I'm feeling depressed, do I use the tools that have been proven effective? Or do I grit my teeth and suffer in painful silence?

Today I Pray

I praise my wonder-working Higher Power for giving me the tools for recovery, once I admitted I was powerless over alcohol or other drugs or addictions and gave myself over to the will of God as I understand Him. I give thanks for the Twelve Steps, and for the fellowship of the group which can help me see myself honestly. I give thanks for those words and phrases which become, as we understand them, more completely, banners in our celebration of sobriety.

Today I Will Remember
Pass on the passwords to recovery.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment

April 19, 2024 - Reading sin Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

  Friday, April 19, 2024 Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: Making Room for What Matters I don't know about you, b...