Jan. 14, 2013 - A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Monday, Jan. 14, 2013


Reflection for the Day
I admitted that I couldn't win the booze and chemical battle on my own. So I finally began to accept the critically important fact that dependence on a Higher Power could help me achieve what had always seemed impossible. I stopped running. I stopped fighting. For the first time, I began accepting. And for the first time, I began to be really free.

Do I realize that it doesn't matter what kind of shoes I'm wearing when I'm running away?

Today I Pray

May I know the freedom that comes with surrender to a Higher Power - that most important kind of surrender that means neither "giving in" nor "giving up" but "giving over" my will to the will of God. Like a weary fugitive from spiritual order, may I stop hiding, dodging, running. May I find peace in surrender, in the knowledge that God wills that I be whole and healthy and He will show me the way.

Today I Will Remember
First surrender, then serenity.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment

April 16, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

  Tuesday, April 16, 2024 Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: There are persons who have some parts like me, but no one...