Feb. 14, 2013 - Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Twenty-Four Hours a Day
Thursday, Feb. 14, 2013


AA Thought for the Day
After that first drink, we had a single-track mind. It was like a railroad train. The first drink started it off and it kept going on the single track until it got to the end of the line - drunkenness. We alcoholics know this was the inevitable result when we took the first drink, but still we couldn't keep away from liquor. Our willpower was gone. We had become helpless and hopeless before the power of alcohol. It's not the second drink or the 10th drink that does the damage. It's the first drink.

Will I ever take that first drink again?

Meditation for the Day

I must keep a time apart with God every day. Gradually, I will be transformed mentally and spiritually. It is not the praying so much as just being in God's presence. The strengthening and curative powers of this I cannot understand because such knowledge is beyond human understanding, but I can experience them. The poor, sick world would be cured if every day each soul waited before God for the inspiration to live aright. My greatest spiritual growth occurs in this time apart with God.

Prayer for the Day
I pray that I may faithfully keep a quiet time apart with God. I pray that I may grow spiritually each day.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 28, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

  Thursday, March 28, 2024 Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: Anger is a great energizer if you don’t get stuck in it. —  ...