March 22, 2013 - Step by Step

Step by Step
Friday, March 22, 2013
 
Today, I begin to put into practice the strategy that the Program is one of living sober and living with life and not one of how to be an alcoholic struggling to get sober and ward off the next temptation: there is more to life than living only for not drinking. But before I can apply my Program and recovery to every realm of my life, I have to make sure I'm walking the walk and not just talking the talk. I have to be honest that I have begun at the very beginning, with the Program's first four words - "Admitted (I am) powerless ..." - and that I have "come to believe" in something Greater than myself, that I have done thoroughly and brutally honest all the steps, and that I am truly an effective carrier of the message. Memorizing every word in chronological order in the Big Book, burning in my mind every word of the Twelve Steps and Traditions and of every 24-Hour inspirational does absolutely nothing if I don't put action to them. Today, if I am only in the Program, I'll get with it. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 28, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

  Thursday, March 28, 2024 Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: Anger is a great energizer if you don’t get stuck in it. —  ...