May 14, 2013 - Step by Step

Step by Step
Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Today, I will stop expending anymore needless energy on the thought that I can't drink by saying I neither need nor want to drink. I don't need, want or have to drink because the Program has graced me with a fundamental character change that is rooted deeper than merely abstaining from alcohol, and that basic change in my character is that I have been given the strength and courage to look at and correct the reasons that I drank. Today, I don't need to moan that I cannot drink now or ever again because AA has empowered and strengthened me by taking away the need and desire for alcohol. But may I not rest on the laurels of sobriety by conscientiously practicing Step 10 every day: taking a continuing moral inventory and readily admitting and taking responsibility for my mistakes. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

April 23, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

  Tuesday, April 23, 2024 Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: A crisis is an opportunity to rely on our Higher Power. W...