May 21, 2013 - Step by Step

Step by Step
Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Today, if I get frustrated or overwhelmed by the responsibilities with which sobriety has entrusted me, I will slow down to remember gratitude and humility, if for no other reason than I once could not be trusted with the responsibilities that I have in sobriety. Getting sober and, more importantly, recovery have given me a purpose and sense of inclusion that addictive drinking took from me. But although sober and hopefully getting better emotionally and spiritually day by day, I must guard against a reckless or stupid moment in which what I have gained is destroyed - by me. Today, even if the candle burns at both ends, I will be grateful that my candle now even has a flame. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

April 24, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

  Step by Step Wednesday, April 24, 2024 Today ,   the link between consequences and responsibility -- and the reality that I and I alone am...