May 30, 2013 - Today's Gift from Hazelden

Thursday, May 30, 2013
Today's thought from Hazelden is:
Go and wake up your luck.
 -- Persian proverb


We've been given recovery. For this, we're lucky. And we're grateful. Now it's up to us. We must accept our choices. When we're afraid, do we choose to be alone? Or do we choose to go to an extra meeting? When we're not honest, do we keep it secret? Or do we admit it and try to be more honest? No matter what we choose, we're responsible for that choice. Through choices, we either make our program strong or weak.

We can choose to be lucky. Or we can choose not to be. The choice is ours. Our addiction robbed us of choice. It taught us to blame others. Now we see ourselves as responsible.

Prayer for the Day
Higher Power, help me to choose wisely. Help me remember I'm responsible for my choices.
Today's ActionToday I'll work at being responsible for my choices. I'll see myself as one of the lucky ones.
From the book:
Keep It Simple © 1989 by Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 28, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

  Thursday, March 28, 2024 Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: Anger is a great energizer if you don’t get stuck in it. —  ...