July 15, 2013 - A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Monday, July 15, 2013
 
Reflection for the Day
Faced with almost certain destruction by our addictions, we eventually had no choice but to become open-minded on spiritual matters. In that sense, the chemicals and drugs we used were potent persuaders; they finally whipped us into a state of reasonableness. We came to learn that when we stubbornly close the doors on our minds, we're locking out far more than we're locking in.

Do I immediately reject new ideas? Or do I patiently strive to change my old way of living?

Today I Pray
May I keep an open mind especially on spiritual matters, remembering that "spiritual" is a bigger word than "religious." (I was born of the Spirit, but I was taught religion.) May I remember that a locked mind is a symptom of my addiction and an open mind is essential to my recovery.

Today I Will Remember
If I lock more out than I lock in, what am I protecting?

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 29, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

  Step by Step Friday, March 29, 2024 Today ,  if I start any day with dread, I probably need to do a  10th Step  or re-do my  Fourth.  Clea...