Aug. 22, 2013 - Today's Gift from Hazelden

Thursday, Aug. 22, 2013
Today's thought from Hazelden is:
Words are the voice of the heart.
 -- Confucius


What does my heart have to say today? Am I happy? Or am I troubled? We will find this out if we slow down and listen to our words. We can also hear our spirit in the tone of our words.

We are to meditate. Meditation is about slowing down so we can hear what our spirit is trying to tell us. Meditation is listening. Our spirit is but a quiet whisper inside us. To hear it we must quiet ourselves.

Slowing down allows us to find our center. As we find our center we find our spirit and our Higher Power.

Do I take the time needed to slow myself down? Do I take the time to listen - to listen to my heart?


Prayer for the Day
Higher Power, teach me to slow down. Teach me to listen. Teach me to hear Your whispers as well as Your yells.
Action for the Day
Today, I will take a half hour to slow down and listen. I will find a place to relax and listen to my heart and my words.
From the book:
Keep It Simple © 1989 by Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 28, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

  Thursday, March 28, 2024 Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: Anger is a great energizer if you don’t get stuck in it. —  ...