Nov. 12, 2013 - Step by Step

Step by Step
Tuesday, Nov. 12, 2013

Today, even if my last drink was 24 Hours ago or even many 24 Hours ago but I am flirting with temptation or a craving, I have a choice to put my last drink another 24 Hours behind me or to ignore all I have learned either by experience or in the Program and set out on the path of a slip or relapse. I have the choice to reinforce within my entire being with all I possess the First Step, that that "(I) am powerless over alcohol," and at least be willing to believe in the possibility of a Higher Power referenced in the Second Step. Or I can re-empower alcohol to take control again and set me on the journey toward the certainty of where continued drinking will take me. I may be insecure or uncertain about life without alcohol, but I can accept easily that it cannot be anything like the certainty if I give in. Today, my choice is black and white: to drink or not to drink. Experience is proof beyond doubt where I end up if I drink; the promises of the Program are proof positive where I can be if I don't drink. Today, grant that I choose wisely. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 29, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundaiton

  Friday, March 29, 2024 Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: AA Thought for the Day In  AA  we forget about the future. We ...