Dec. 17, 2013 - A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Tuesday, Dec. 17, 2013

Reflection for the Day
More and more these days, as I progress in my recovery, I seem to do a lot of listening - quietly waiting to hear God's unmistakable voice within me. Prayer is becoming a two-way street - of seeking and listening, of searching and finding. A favorite bit of Scripture for me is, "Be still and know that I am God."

Do I pay quiet and loving attention to Him, ever more confident of an enlightened knowledge of His will for me?

Today I Pray
As I seek to know my Higher Power, may I learn the best ways - for me - to reach and hear Him. May I begin to feel prayer, not just listen to the sound of my own verbalizing. May I feel the sharp outlines of my humanness fading as His Godliness becomes a part of me. May I feel that I am one with Him.

Today I Will Remember
Feel the stillness of God.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment

April 16, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

  Tuesday, April 16, 2024 Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: There are persons who have some parts like me, but no one...