Dec. 19, 2013 - Step by Step

Step by Step
Thursday, Dec. 19, 2013 
Today, in the spirit to "Keep It Simple," I won't fight myself, anyone or anything to reach the promises of the Program, especially serenity. Instead, I will simply close my mind to the complications of the issues in my life and recovery and simply beI will not focus on reaching the forest without first negotiating the trees that might block the way, and I will not complicate how to get beyond the trees. I will simply move past them after first doing my best and entrusting my Higher Power with getting me the rest of the way. If someone tells me the way to sobriety is to stop drinking, I'll not pollute the answer with complications that make stop drinking difficult. I will simply stop. If I have an amend to make, I will not complicate it by predicting or anticipating open arms or absolute rejection; they are beyond my control. I will simply make amends and leave it to the other person and my Higher Power. Today, no complications, no "how's," "where's" or "wherefore's." I'll simply do it. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 28, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

  Thursday, March 28, 2024 Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: Anger is a great energizer if you don’t get stuck in it. —  ...