Dec. 22, 2013 - A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Sunday, Dec. 22, 2013

Reflection for the Day
Through our own experiences and the experiences of others in The Program, we see that a spiritual awakening is in reality a gift - a gift which in essence is a new state of consciousness and being. It means that I'm now on a road which really leads somewhere; it means that life is really worth living, rather than something to be endured. It means that I have been transformed in the sense that I have undergone a basic personality change - and that I possess a source of strength, which I had so long denied myself.

Do I believe that none come too soon to The Program - and that none return too late?

Today I Pray
I pray that I may attain that state of consciousness which transcends my everyday reality - but is also a part of it. May I no longer question the existence of God because I have touched His Being. For us who are recovering from addictions, the words reborn in the Spirit have a special, precious meaning. May I be wholly grateful to a Higher Power for leading me to a spiritual rebirth.

Today I Will Remember
Renaissance through my Higher Power.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment

April 17, 2024 - Reading sin Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

  Wednesday, April 17, 2024 Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: You're never too old to grow up. --  Shirley Conran...