Dec. 23, 2013 - Step by Step

Step by Step
Monday, Dec. 23, 2013 
Today, if all things out-live their purpose, useful or not, today I begin to discard those which no longer serve any constructive use, especially those that serve only a destructive purpose. Today I have no more need or use for the emotional and spiritual damage that probably was bred long before my alcoholism but strengthened by abusive and addictive drinking. They serve no useful purpose and never did, and it's time to put an end to the damage they - and I - have done. Understanding now that drinking for me is not a mandate or requirement but a choice and that I and I alone am responsible to the consequences of that choice, those consequences have become costly enough that I no longer want to be responsible to them. Because AA is here for the taking, it is my choice to grab it just as strongly as it is my choice to reject it and continue the cycle of abuse to myself and everyone around me. Today, enough becomes more than enough, and my choice is to go with the Program. My first step: admitting I am powerless on my own. And our common journey continues. Step by Step. - Chris M., 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

April 16, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

  Tuesday, April 16, 2024 Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: There are persons who have some parts like me, but no one...