Dec. 29, 2013 - Step by Step

Step by Step
Sunday, Dec. 29, 2013 
Today, when resolutions for the coming new year are in vogue, I will make none because to do so would overlook the Program's edict to take life one day at a time. Further, I have no guarantee that an entire year is promised me, and I cannot live for a day in the future because, in doing that, I am neglecting today. The AA Program discourages us from living or looking too far ahead if today is sacrificed and encourages us to make our resolutions daily. Today, as I awaken to greet a new day, my resolution is to adhere to the Steps and Principles of the Program and not drink and, further, to grow in the sobriety I seek today. And our common journey continues. Step by step. Chris M., 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

April 19, 2024 - Reading sin Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

  Friday, April 19, 2024 Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: Making Room for What Matters I don't know about you, b...