Feb. 16, 2014 - Step by Step

Step by Step
Sunday, Feb. 16, 2014 
Today, and all other 24 Hours that might follow, I will stop distinguishing myself as an "old-timer" from the newcomer to the Program. Even though I've been around the Program for years and, if the 24 Hours since my last drink amounts to years, I am no "wiser" or more sober than the newcomer whose last drink was 24 Hours ago or who attended his first meeting last night - and he is no less sober than I. For in the Program, the newcomer has exactly the same as the old-timer: sobriety in the current 24 Hours. And because ours is a Program done one day at a time, the newcomer is as much an old-timer as I. The fall from a pedestal on which I might put myself or let anyone put me can be fatal. In AA, the field truly is level, and I can't afford to lose sight of that reality. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 29, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundaiton

  Friday, March 29, 2024 Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: AA Thought for the Day In  AA  we forget about the future. We ...