Feb. 19, 2014 - Step by Step

Step by Step
Wednesday, Feb. 19, 2014
 
Today, I begin the process of reconciling my emotional, spiritual and mental defects to the Program if I am not either willing or able yet to hand them off to my Higher Power. Reconciliation, needed for me to see that I must let go of what holds me back, requires that I understand recovery is more than not drinking and requires a fundamental change in my entire character - and abstinence alone, were it that easy, cannot achieve that change. It requires a brutally honest Fourth to find my defects and a 10th to understand why and how they impede what I could be in the Program - but am not yet. In reconciling myself to my defects of character, I may finally be able to say they have no purpose in where I hope to go in my recovery, that they harbor a hidden spark to ignite a slip or relapse and, more important, that I am not just willing to release them to my Higher Power but want to be done with them once and for all. If the defects I found in the Fourth remain in my 10th and I know it is time to let them go, today, I seek from my Higher Power the courage to change what I can - myself. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 29, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

  Step by Step Friday, March 29, 2024 Today ,  if I start any day with dread, I probably need to do a  10th Step  or re-do my  Fourth.  Clea...