Dec. 23, 2014 - Step by Step

The Serenity Prayer
Step by Step
Tuesday, Dec. 23, 2014 
Today, if all things out-live their purpose, useful or not, today I begin to discard what serves not use to me anymore. Today I have no use for the emotional and spiritual damage that probably was bred long before my alcoholism but strengthened by addictive drinking. They serve no useful purpose and never did, and it's time to put an end to the damage they - and I - have done. Understanding that drinking for me is a choice and I alone am responsible to the consequences of that choice, those consequences have become so costly that I no longer want to be responsible to them. Because AA is here for the taking, it is my choice to grab it just as strongly as it is my choice to reject drinking and the cycle of abuse to myself and everyone around me. Today, enough becomes more than enough, and my choice is to go with abstinence. My first step: admitting I am powerless. And our common journey continues. Step by Step. - Chris M., 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 28, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

  Thursday, March 28, 2024 Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: Anger is a great energizer if you don’t get stuck in it. —  ...