Feb. 20, 2015 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden

The Serenity Prayer
Friday, Feb. 20, 2015
Today's thought from the Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is:

Reflection for the Day
Among the many gifts that we are offered in The Program is the gift of freedom. Paradoxically, however, the gift of freedom is not without a price tag; freedom can only be achieved by paying the price called acceptance. Similarly, if we can surrender to God's guidance, it will cost us our self-will, that "commodity" so precious to those of us who have always thought we could and should run the show. Is my freedom today worth the price tag of acceptance?

Today I Pray
May God teach me acceptance - the ability to accept the things I cannot change. God also grant me courage to change those things I can. God help me to accept the illness of my addiction and give me the courage to change my addictive behavior.

Today I Will Remember
Accept the addiction. Change the behavior.
You are reading from the book:
A Day at a Time © 1989 by Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment

April 20, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

  Step by Step Saturday, April 20, 2024 Today ,  small  steps  instead of an  “easier, softer way.”  Alcoholism and its physical, emotional ...