April 25, 2015 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

The Serenity Prayer
Step by Step
Saturday, April 25, 2015
 
Today, I understand I cannot claim credit if someone I sponsor or to whom I have carried the message has found sobriety. Likewise, let me not feel that I have failed a sponsee or co-member who continues in active alcoholism. To claim credit for anyone else's sobriety or blame for their continued drinking fires my ego beyond the Program's boundaries and, because of it, I have broken the commandment to be only a carrier of the message. Just as I cannot credit anyone for my sobriety other than the program or blame my drinking on someone or something other than myself, I cannot claim credit for another person's recovery. Today, let me remember that I am a messenger, not the message. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment

April 24, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

  Wednesday, April 24, 2024 Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: Religion and art spring from the same root and are clos...