May 27, 2015 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

The Serenity Prayer
Step by Step
Wednesday, May 27, 2015 
Today, appreciation to the spouse, companion, brothers and sisters, parents, children and friends who wanted to help me as I spiraled out of control but who I shut out, who were and are still there in my recovery. In being focused on my own recovery and working the Steps, I have probably been negligent to admit that the hell I put someone else through might have been worse than my own. And I have to acknowledge that they, too, have their own recoveries to work. Today, I will be grateful and offer to anyone who stayed with me a simple thank you and, to them, my superior amend is that, today, I can and will stay sober. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment

April 23, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

  Tuesday, April 23, 2024 Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: A crisis is an opportunity to rely on our Higher Power. W...