Dec. 21, 2016 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Wednesday, Dec. 21, 2016

Reflection for the Day
Each of us in The Program can, in our own time and own way, reach the triumphant spiritual awakening that is described in the Twelfth Step. The spiritual awakening is a deep-down knowledge that we are no longer alone and helpless. It's also a deep-down awareness that we've learned certain truths which we can now transmit to others so that perhaps they, too, can be helped.

Am I keeping myself in constant readiness for the spiritual awakening which is certain to come to me as I practice The Steps and surrender my will to God's will?

Today I Pray
May I be steady, not expecting that my spiritual awakening will startle me like an alarm clock into sudden awareness of a Higher Power. It may settle on me so quietly that I may not recognize precisely when my moment of awareness comes. The clue may come in my desire to Twelfth-Step others. May I realize, then, that I have accepted the principles of The Program and am at home with the spiritual transformation I feel in myself.

Today I Will Remember
My spiritual awakening is my first private moment with God.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 28, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

  Thursday, March 28, 2024 Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: Anger is a great energizer if you don’t get stuck in it. —  ...