Dec. 29, 2016 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

Step by Step
Thursday, Dec. 29, 2016 
Today, when resolutions for the coming new year are in vogue, I will make none because to do so skirts the program's suggestion to take life one day at a time. Further, I have no guarantee that an entire year is promised me, and I cannot live for a day in the future because, in doing that, I am neglecting today. AA discourages us from looking too far ahead if today is sacrificed and encourages us to make our resolutions daily. Today, awakening to a new day, my resolution is to adhere to the steps and principles of the program and not drink and, further, to grow in sobriety. And our common journey continues. Step by step. Chris M., 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 29, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

  Step by Step Friday, March 29, 2024 Today ,  if I start any day with dread, I probably need to do a  10th Step  or re-do my  Fourth.  Clea...