Feb. 3, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Friday, Feb. 3, 2017
Reflection for the Day
The Program enables us to discover two roadblocks that keep us from seeing the value and comfort of the spiritual approach: self-justification and self-righteousness. The first grimly assures me that I'm always right. The second mistakenly comforts me with the delusion that I'm better than other people - "holier than thou."
Just for today, will I pause abruptly while rationalizing and ask myself, "Why am I doing this? Is this self-justification really honest?"
Today I Pray
May I overcome the need to be "always right" and know the cleansing feeling of release that comes with admitting, openly, a mistake. May I be wary of setting myself up as an example of self-control and fortitude, and give credit where it is due - to a Higher Power.
Today I Will Remember
To err is human, but I need to admit it.
Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment

April 23, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

  Tuesday, April 23, 2024 Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: A crisis is an opportunity to rely on our Higher Power. W...