Feb. 3, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

Step by Step
Friday, Feb. 3, 2017
Todayno self-destruction by believing I do not deserve the benefits of the program and recovery. If I am carrying into today the guilt, remorse and regret of yesterday, their strength lies in sabotaging my progress toward sobriety and in setting me up for failure, i.e., relapse. But my program of admission, surrender and service has empowered me with confidence, courage and strength, each endowed by a Higher Power, and they are strong enough to assure me that I am worth the gift of recovery. Today, by virtue of returning from the abyss, I am earning worthiness. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment

April 25, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

  Thursday, April 25, 2024 Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: Letting Go of Anger In recovery, we often discuss anger ...