Feb. 8, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Wednesday, Feb. 8, 2017

Reflection for the Day
When we first stopped drinking, using, over-eating or gambling, it was an enormous relief to find that the people we met in The Program seemed quite different than those apparently hostile masses known as "They." We were met not with criticism and suspicion but with understanding and concern. However, we still encounter people who get on our nerves, both within The Program and outside it. Obviously, we must begin to accept the fact that there are people who'll sometimes say things with which we disagree or do things we don't like.

Am I beginning to see that learning to live with differences is essential to my comfort and, in turn, to my continuing recovery?

Today I Pray
May I recognize that people's differences make our world go around and tolerate people who "rub me the wrong way." May I understand that I must give them room, that some of my hostile attitudes toward others may be leftovers from the unhealthy days, when I tended to view others as mobilized against me.

Today I Will Remember
Learn to live with differences.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 28, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

  Thursday, March 28, 2024 Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: Anger is a great energizer if you don’t get stuck in it. —  ...