Sept. 14, 2012 - Today's Gift from Hazelden


Friday, Sept. 14, 2012
Today's thought from Hazelden is:

Today I will do one thing more than I think I can do.

If I'm too tired or depressed to get out of bed, I will not only get up but also take a shower.

If I don't have the energy to go to work, I will get dressed and drive to the parking lot of my job.

If I just can't face the world, I will walk to the end of the street and back.

I will reach a little further than whatever I believe my limitations to be. Usually, when I take that little extra step, it seems easier than I thought it would, and I feel better too.

From the book:

Time to Break Free © 1999 by Judith R. Smith. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

April 19, 2024 - Reading sin Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

  Friday, April 19, 2024 Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: Making Room for What Matters I don't know about you, b...