Jan. 14, 2013 - Just for Today

Just for Today
Monday, Jan. 14, 2013
 


"Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity." - Step Two

Just for today
, I tried it my way, and it didn't work - frequently. But what "power" if not me? If I cannot believe in either a religious or secular "god," can I believe that the greater power is as simple as my own self-awakening to the powerlessness that I have admitted in Step One? If I can, I must accept that the phrase "restore us to sanity" implies I am insane. Am I? If I define insanity as expecting or hoping for a better outcome of repeat behavior that has always led to the same outcome, then, yes, I am insane. Today, the power greater than myself can be as simple as my own awakening to my powerlessness, and I can hope that same power can pull me from the insanity of the myth of a better outcome of conduct that has always led to disastrous results. And our common journey continues. Just for today. -Chris M., 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 29, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundaiton

  Friday, March 29, 2024 Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: AA Thought for the Day In  AA  we forget about the future. We ...