Jan. 14, 2013 - Today's Gift from Hazelden


Monday, Jan. 14, 2013
Today's thought from Hazelden is:

If you play with a thing long enough, you will surely break it. -- Anonymous

Some things shouldn't be played with. Our recovery program is one of these things. When we play with our program, we're taking a risk. We play with the program by missing meetings. Or by not calling our sponsors. Or by skipping the Steps we think are too hard.

It's okay to play. But it's not okay to play with our recovery program. When we play with our program, we risk our lives.

Prayer for the Day
Higher Power, help me know that I must work this program with care and respect.
Action for the Day
Today, I'll make two lists. On one list, I'll write ways I work on my program. On the other list, I'll write ways I play with my program. And I'll put my energy into working the program.
From the book:
Keep It Simple © 1989 by Hazelden Foundation. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 28, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

  Thursday, March 28, 2024 Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: Anger is a great energizer if you don’t get stuck in it. —  ...