Feb. 22, 2013 - Step by Step

Step by Step
Friday, Feb. 22, 2013

Today
, I begin to understand WHY indecision is NO decision, and that no decision is stagnation - in growth, progress, sobriety, moving forward, moving on. If some issue has immobilized me with uncertainty or fear of the outcome, the strain of no resolution will likely progress to a breaking point. And, for me, the feared breaking point could be my sobriety. Today, enough is enough. I will decide, and I will call on the principles of the Program and my Higher Power how best to resolve the thing, whatever it is, that has hung over my head far too long. And in coming to a decision, God grant me the wisdom that the outcome may not be what I want - but I have faith that, at least as my Higher Power is concerned, the outcome is what I need. Today, no decision will fall to decision, and what kept me stagnant loses its control. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 28, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

  Thursday, March 28, 2024 Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: Anger is a great energizer if you don’t get stuck in it. —  ...