April 10, 2013 - Step by Step

Step by Step
Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Today, I will have faith that my Higher Power will open one door after another has been shut, be it the door to that job I hoped for but didn't get, to a reconciliation of a relationship that cannot be retrieved despite my sincerest efforts, or to anything that I felt I needed and wanted but didn't get. The Higher Power of the AA Program is one who replaces what He takes with something else, maybe not what we think we want or need and treat it grudgingly as a "consolation prize." I must hold onto the fact that my Higher Power will provide me with what I need, not necessarily what I want - and I must have faith that He knows better than I that I may not necessarily need what I want. Today, if a door has been shut on me, I will not feel trapped or hopeless and will instead seek the door that my faith knows my Higher Power is opening for me. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

April 28, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

  Sunday, April 28, 2024 Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: In the important decisions, we should be governed, I think...