April 16, 2013 - A Day at a Time


A Day at a Time
Tuesday, April 16, 2013 
Reflection for the Day
I once heard it said that "the mind is the slayer of the real." Looking back at the insanity of those days when I was actively addicted, I know precisely what that phrase means. One of The Program's important fringe benefits for me today is an increasing awareness of the world around me, so I can see and enjoy reality. This alone helps diminish the difficulties I so often magnify, creating my own misery in the process. 
Am I acquiring the sense of reality which is absolutely essential to serenity? 
Today I Pray
May I be revived by a sharpened sense of reality, excited to see - for the first time since the blur of my worst moments - the wonders and opportunities in my world. Emerging from the don't-care haze of addiction, I see objects and faces coming into focus again, colors brightening. May I take delight in this new-found brightness. 
Today I Will Remember
To focus on my realities. 
Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 28, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

  Thursday, March 28, 2024 Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: Anger is a great energizer if you don’t get stuck in it. —  ...