April 18, 2013 - Step by Step

Step by Step
Thursday, April 18, 2013
 
Today, I recommit myself as a loyal and trusting member of the Program and its members who confide in me their Fourth Step and all other communications. I must treat as private all things any members share with me and cannot take for granted that I can share or "gossip" with anyone whatever another member says to me even if there is no stated promise of confidentiality. Failure on my part to treat as private all matters involving any member is a show of disrespect to both the other person and the Program, and disqualifies me as an ethical 12th-Stepper. And, as someone in recovery, I cannot expect that what I share with someone will be treated as a sacred communication if I do not convey the same respect on others. Today, my sobriety carries the responsibility of loyalty, trust and respect of the Program and its members - and they have it. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

April 19, 2024 - Reading sin Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

  Friday, April 19, 2024 Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: Making Room for What Matters I don't know about you, b...