April 18, 2013 - Today's Gift from Hazelden


Thursday, April 18, 2013
Today's thought from Hazelden is:

I Am Who I Am
Sometimes we want to be someone else – anyone but who we are. We want to be someone who feels more free and at peace. We want to be someone who doesn't have to take medications day after day. We want to be free of the pain and loneliness our illness has brought us.

But whether we get what we want or not, what we need is to accept ourselves, our illness, a desire to become well, and the guidance of our Higher Power.

Today, do I accept myself, my illness, and the guidance of my Higher Power? Do I commit myself to recovery?

Thought for the Day
When I look within, I will discover that accepting myself and being myself are far more fulfilling that expected.
From the book:
A Restful Mind © 2010 by Hazelden Foundation. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

April 18, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

  Thursday, April 18, 2024 Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: Friendship with oneself is all-important, because withou...