April 23, 2013 - Step by Step

Step by Step
Tuesday, April 23, 2013
 
Today, I have to reflect on the choices and responsibilities of sponsorship. If I have progressed to a point in my sobriety that I need to consider asking someone to sponsor me, where and how do I begin? My home group is the fertile starting point, and I may think about selecting three or four members, narrow them down to those I feel I can trust most and then approach that potential sponsor in confidence. If I am being asked to sponsor someone, however, I ask my Higher Power for the wisdom and responsibility before taking on such a sacred trust. Let me understand that sponsorship does not mean I am the sponsee's pseudo-priest and that the job does not make me a "preacher." Today, I begin to extend my recovery to include asking to be sponsor and, God willing, consenting to someone's request to extend my hand to his. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

April 16, 2024 - Reading sin Recovery: Step by Step

  Step by Step Tuesday, April 16, 2024 Today ,  start to forgive myself and let go of guilt I harbor for failing or not getting the chance t...