May 12, 2013 - Step by Step


Step by Step
Sunday, May 12, 2013

Today, let my impatience and spontaneous anger not command the words I speak in response - for my words may give rise to another amend that I might have to make. But unlike physical injuries, emotional hurt from an unkind word spoken in recklessness or anger may not be as easily reconciled. If today I explode in frustration from impatience or anger at whatever its source, may God grant me the wisdom to respond first with the discipline and tolerance that are contained within the 12 Steps. More than eating tomorrow the reckless words I speak today, no words can be taken back - and some can cause hurt for which an apology or amend cannot un-hurt. Today, discipline and patience partner with tolerance and wisdom to guide my words. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

April 23, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

  Tuesday, April 23, 2024 Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: A crisis is an opportunity to rely on our Higher Power. W...