May 15, 2013 - Step by Step

Step by Step
Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Today, I will not immerse myself so deeply into service or 12th-Step work that I neglect my own basic needs: to put into anything the passion I spent on drinking, I will predictably suffer the same outcome of physical, emotional and spiritual bankruptcy. While we are called and even commanded by the 12th Step to commit ourselves to service, the quality of that service will be negligible if I have not stored and reserved enough of myself to offer something worth giving. Today, I will guard against becoming too hungry, angry, lonely and tired - HALT - to assure that I can be the best of what the 12th Step asks of us - to be an effective carrier of the message. Today, I will listen to the message again. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

April 16, 2024 - Reading sin Recovery: Step by Step

  Step by Step Tuesday, April 16, 2024 Today ,  start to forgive myself and let go of guilt I harbor for failing or not getting the chance t...