May 18, 2013 - Today's Gift from Hazelden


Saturday, May 18, 2013
Today's thought from Hazelden is:

... human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspect of their lives.
 -- William James

"It's no use; I'll screw it up anyway." This is an attitude. Some attitudes sound like this: "I'm great and people should try to please me," or, "I deserve good breaks," or, "Rules and laws are for others, but not for me."

Some attitudes can wreck our sobriety, families, jobs, education, love life, financial well being, and spiritual growth. The good news is attitudes can change. It takes practice but, if we really decide to pay attention and change the ones that are harmful to us, we can succeed. In this way we guide our own growth and create a better, more positive world for ourselves.

Today let me pay very close attention to my attitudes and change the harmful ones.
From the book:
Our Best Days by Nancy Hull-Mast. © 1990 by Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 29, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundaiton

  Friday, March 29, 2024 Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: AA Thought for the Day In  AA  we forget about the future. We ...