May 22, 2013 - Step by Step

Step by Step
Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Today, I will reach into my past to measure the enormity of my present and try to grasp the scope of the life sobriety has given me. Whereas I once was helpless, hopeless, weak, apathetic, selfish and destructive, today I have hope, strength, selflessness, compassion, passion and the courage born of humility to treat sobriety with awe and respect. While I cannot and do not want to live in or return to yesterday, I also do not want to forget it; its lessons can steer me from the same mistakes today. And all I have left behind and gained what I have now is through sobriety and, therefore, my sobriety is my No. 1 priority for. Without it, I have nothing except for all that I pray is gone - just for today. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris, M., 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

April 17, 2024 - Reading sin Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

  Wednesday, April 17, 2024 Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: You're never too old to grow up. --  Shirley Conran...