July 16, 2013 - A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Tuesday, July 16, 2013
 
Reflection for the Day
Long experience has proven that The Program and Twelve Steps will work for any person who approaches it with an open mind. We have to remember that we can't expect miracles overnight; after all, it took years to create the situation in which we find ourselves today. I'll try to be receptive and to listen. I'll try to be less hasty in drawing judgmental conclusions. I'll hang on to the expectation that The Program can change my entire life as long as I give it a chance.

Have I begun to realize that my ultimate contentment doesn't depend on having things work out my way?

Today I Pray
I pray for a more receptive attitude; for a little more patience; a little less haste and more humility in my judgments. May I always understand that change will come - it will all happen - if I will listen for God's will. God grant me perseverance, for sometimes I must wait a while for The Program's Steps to take effect.

Today I Will Remember
Patience.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 28, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

  Thursday, March 28, 2024 Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: Anger is a great energizer if you don’t get stuck in it. —  ...