Sept. 22, 2013 - A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Sunday, Sept. 22, 2013

Reflection for the Day
For a considerable period of time, after I reached The Program, I let things I couldn't do keep me from doing the things I could. If I was bothered by what a speaker or other people said, I retreated, sulking, into my shell. Now, instead of being annoyed or defensive when someone strikes a raw nerve, I try to welcome it - because it allows me to work on my attitudes and perceptions of God, self, other people and my life situation. We may no longer have active addictions, but we all certainly have an active thinking problem.

Am I willing to grow - and grow up?

Today I Pray
May God give me courage to test my new wings - even a feather at a time. May I not wait to be entirely whole before I re-enter the world of everyday opportunity, for recovery is ongoing and growth comes through challenges. May I no longer make desperate stabs at perfection, but keep my aims in sight and develop as I live - a day at a time.

Today I Will Remember
Things I can't do should not get in the way of things I can.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 29, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

  Step by Step Friday, March 29, 2024 Today ,  if I start any day with dread, I probably need to do a  10th Step  or re-do my  Fourth.  Clea...