Sept. 25, 2013 - Step by Step

Step by Step
Wednesday, Sept. 25, 2013

Today, I accept myself first in starting to change the things I can - and must. And to change myself so I can progress in recovery, I need the courage and brute honesty to see myself as I really am, not as I want to see myself but how others see me. If I can be strong and honest enough to see in myself what must go and what can be kept, I have to accept the good and bad before I know how to begin the work of moving forward to the promises of the Program. But, in all honesty, if the bad out-weighs the good, I can keep the good as a building block to tear away the bad. If, on the other hand, I accept myself with no improvements needed, I've lied to myself. Today, I pray to God for the courage to change the things I can - me. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 28, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

  Thursday, March 28, 2024 Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: Anger is a great energizer if you don’t get stuck in it. —  ...