Feb. 11, 2014 - Step by Step

Step by Step
Tuesday, Feb. 11, 2014 
Today, I will not empower anyone or anything to diminish the self-confidence and self-respect I have developed in my recovery, nor will my progress be discouraged. People I might have injured in my drinking days but cannot or will not accept amends I have offered may want nothing more than to see me fail. They will not have that control over me, even if insecurity might want me to yield just to avoid a problem. But a bigger problem looms if I permit anyone or any situation to implant in me deeper insecurity or a disgraced self-confidence and self-respect. Today, with the principles of the Program as my lifeline, I will hold tightly onto what I have gained and will not allow anyone or anything to take it from me - not even alcohol. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 28, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

  Thursday, March 28, 2024 Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: Anger is a great energizer if you don’t get stuck in it. —  ...