April 25, 2014 - Step by Step

Step by Step
Friday, April 25, 2014
 
Today, let me begin to understand that I cannot claim credit if someone I sponsor or to whom I have carried the message has found sobriety. By the same token, let me not feel that I have failed a sponsee or co-member who continues in the throes of active alcoholism. To claim credit for anyone else's sobriety or blame for their active addiction fires my ego beyond the Program's boundaries and, because of it, I have broken the commandment to be only a carrier of the Message. Just as I cannot credit anyone for my sobriety other than the Program or blame my drinking on someone or something else other than myself, I cannot claim credit for another person's recovery any more than I can be responsible for his disease. Today, let me remember that I am a humble messenger, not the Message. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 28, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

  Thursday, March 28, 2024 Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: Anger is a great energizer if you don’t get stuck in it. —  ...