Sept. 1, 2014 - A Day at a Time

The Serenity Prayer
A Day at a Time
Monday, Sept. 1, 2014

Reflection for the Day
Based on their collective experience, The Program's founders suggested a prayer to be said when taking the Third Step - and making a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him. "God, I offer myself to Thee, to build with me and to do with me as Thou wilt. Relieve me of the bondage of self, that I may better do Thy will. Take away my difficulties, that victory over them may bear witness to those I would help of Thy power, Thy love and Thy way of life. May I do Thy will always!"

Have I abandoned myself to God as I understand Him?

Today I Pray
I praise my Higher Power for my freedom to find my own understanding of God. May my life be God's, whether I think of Him as a Father whose hand and spirit I can touch with an upward reach of my own, or as a universal Spirit that I can merge with as the hard outlines of my "self" begin to melt, or as a core of Divine and absolute goodness inside myself. May I know Him well, whether I find Him within me, without me or in all things everywhere.

Today I Will Remember
I thank God, as I understand Him, for my understanding of Him.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment

May 14, 2024 - Reading sin Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

  Tuesday, May 14, 2024 Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: The human heart in its perversity finds it hard to escape h...