Sept. 13, 2014 - Today's Gift from Hazelden

The Serenity Prayer
Saturday, Sept. 13, 2014
Today's thought from Hazelden is:

He who requires urging to do a noble act will never accomplish it.
 -- Kahlil Gibran


The Third Step speaks of willingness. Willingness puts our hearts and souls into the task at hand. Willingness doesn't get rid of the fears, but it helps us find the courage to work through them. Willingness doesn't give us the knowledge to solve the problem, but it may give us the energy to leave our isolation and seek out others with the knowledge. Willingness doesn't do away with ego; it just shows us an alternative to ego. Willingness is the voice of our Higher Power saying, "I believe in you and want you to do the same." Willingness is the seed wanting to break through the soil to see the light of day, to be what it is meant to be.

Prayer for the Day
I pray for willingness to do the next right thing. I seek courage, knowledge, the support of others, and my Higher Power's guidance.

Today's Action
I will work to notice how willingness is behind all actions. I will work today to be a willing participant in my own life, and in my own recovery.
From the book:
God Grant Me. . . © 2005 by Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment

April 18, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

  Thursday, April 18, 2024 Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: Friendship with oneself is all-important, because withou...