Sept. 19, 2014 - A Day at a Time

The Serenity Prayer
A Day at a Time
Friday, Sept. 19, 2014

Reflection for the Day
It's still not exactly a "piece of cake" for me to accept today's occasional pain and anxiety with any great degree of serenity, but I'm increasingly able to be thankful for a certain amount of pain. In The Program, we find the willingness to do this by going over the lessons learned from past sufferings - lessons which have led to the blessings we now enjoy. We can remember how the agonies of addiction - and the pain of rebellion and bruised pride - have often led us to God's grace, and thus to new freedom.

Have I thanked my Higher Power for the miracle of my life this day?

Today I Pray
When I was helpless, I asked God for help. When I was hopeless, I reached out for His hope. When I was powerless over my addiction, I asked to share His power. Now I can honestly thank God that I was helpless, hopeless and powerless, because I have seen a miracle.

Today I Will Remember
From powerless highs to a Higher Power.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 28, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

  Thursday, March 28, 2024 Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: Anger is a great energizer if you don’t get stuck in it. —  ...