Nov. 25, 2014 - Step by Step

The Serenity Prayer
Step by Step
Tuesday, Nov. 25, 2014

Today, when we are taught by tradition to be thankful, let me know that simply voicing gratitude is not sufficient and the measure and extent of that gratitude is reflected in my actions. Today, then, let me not be content with merely saying I am grateful and show me how to express it in action and behavior, that is, to walk the walk while I talk the talk. If today someone for whom I say I am grateful is in need of my time or if I am called upon to make some sacrifice such as missing part of a football game or giving up the holiday dinner dessert, let me be willing to do so without reservation. We are compelled in the 12th Step to put our program into action by being in service to others even if it might inconvenience us. If today I am called upon to do something that slows or impedes my schedule and I refuse the call, I will fail as an effective 12th-stepper and, later, I will probably regret not answering the call. Today, if I am asked to be thankful, let me go a step further and express my gratitude in action. And, today, that I am clean and sober is literally everything. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 29, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

  Step by Step Friday, March 29, 2024 Today ,  if I start any day with dread, I probably need to do a  10th Step  or re-do my  Fourth.  Clea...